For over 25 years, Forcorp Solutions Inc. has provided high quality and innovative services and solutions to industry, government and academic organizations in the areas of natural resource management, information technology and data management. The company’s success is reliant on developing an in-depth understanding of our clients’ needs and delivering solutions and services that improve their business. We employ professionals who embrace this attitude and are committed to providing value to our clients.
We are seeking one or more highly motivated individuals to assume the position of Resource Analyst within the company’s natural resource analysis team. Our focus on this analysis team is to provide services to forestry clients by developing management plans and providing specialized analyses, and on caribou range planning for industry and government clients. This team is composed of energetic specialists working in a collaborative and friendly atmosphere.
Roles and responsibilities
- Collaborate on natural resource spatial modeling and analysis initiatives. This is done by working as a team to develop approaches for spatial analyses that achieve project objectives in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Document and present analysis methods, results and findings.
- Technical writing that transforms challenging topics into readable reports.
- Researching and implementing emerging GIS tools and approaches that increase the quality and efficiency of existing services, and that expand the overall suite of services that the company provides.
Qualifications – Personal/behavioral Traits
- Skills in problem solving and spatial analysis.
- Eagerness to investigate and apply emerging technologies.
- Ability to work independently or within project teams of various sizes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Skillfully identify and assess challenges and problems and successfully resolve them in a timely manner.
- Produce high quality work through being attentive to detail.
Qualifications – Education and Experience
- A degree in ecology, environmental science, forestry, or other related discipline, and formal education or work-based experience focused on the application of geospatial analysis.
- Minimum of two years of GIS work experience.
- Thorough understanding of GIS and spatial analysis principles and applications.
- A preference for experience in coding in R, SQL and/or Python.
- A preference to have experience with timber supply models, such as Woodstock or Patchworks.
We conduct our business in a work environment that is both flexible and comfortable, and in a culture that promotes and provides for creative thinking and teamwork. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, the ability to partially work from home, RRSP matching, a health spending allowance, and opportunities for challenges and growth. Additional information can be found on our website – www.forcorp.com.
Interested individuals, who meet the above-defined qualifications, are encouraged to submit their resume, accompanied by a cover letter. Within the cover letter, please state your salary expectations and available start date. Please send applications in MS Word or PDF format, by December 16, 2022, to email@example.com. All applications will be treated with confidence.
Only Canadian citizens, permanent residents or individuals with valid work permits will be considered for this opportunity.